SHARING THE LOVE OF GOD WITH YOUNG ADULTS
Why Chrysalis ?
Chrysalis is an interdenominational, interracial, and international movement for young people ages 15 to 22. Chrysalis calls young people to receive the dynamic, life changing friendship God offers through Jesus Christ, to become the unique and beautiful expressions of God’s image they were meant to be, and to grow together in the grace and love of Jesus Christ as servants of God in church and society.
The butterfly was chosen as our symbol representing Christ’s death and resurrection. Its life cycle illustrates the experience of spiritual growth and transformation. It begins as a caterpillar, undergoes an amazing change as a chrysalis in a cocoon, dying to what it had been in order to become what it is meant to be. Similarly, the process of transformation in Christ involves dying with Christ to the old self through faith in God’s accepting love, rising with Christ to a new self, motivated by hope in God’s promise and going forth with Christ to joyfully share the ministry of reconciliation and love.
Chrysalis is more than just another religious programme, it is a movement and an extraordinary act of love. It involves people loving other people into a deeper realization of God’s grace and supporting one another in the commitment to live into the promise of Christ.
What does Chrysalis offer ?
- Chrysalis communicates a whole gospel.
- Chrysalis fosters deep and lasting friendships.
- Chrysalis offers role models and mentors.
- Chrysalis develops leadership skills.
- Chrysalis involves young people in partnership with lay adults and clergy.
- Chrysalis provides a time apart from the world.
- Chrysalis supports the relationship of young people to their churches, regardless of Christian background.
The next events will take place in Pietermaritzburg at African Enterprise.
- The Flight for young men will be : Friday the 30 th of June 2023
- The Flight for young ladies will be : Friday the 7 th of July 2023
PLEASE CONSIDER SPONSORING A YOUNG PERSON ON THIS LIFE CHANGING JOURNEY
All necessary forms are on the kznemmaus website.
For further information please contact Lorna Laister the KZN Emmaus Community Spiritual Director on
or Tracy Rowland the KZN Emmaus ALD for Chrysalis on